5 - Contract Management – Monitor and Evaluate
What is contract management
Contract Management is a phase in the procurement cycle in which a process is put in place to ensure a contractor delivers the required goods, services or works in accordance with agreed specification and terms and conditions of the contract.
It is critically important to ensuring successful contract delivery and best value for money of the taxpayer and aims for continuous improvement in performance over the life of the contract.
What lessons have been learnt
- There is a central Lessons Learnt Log where you should update key learning from each stage of the commissioning process.
- Consider what needs to be changed or improved as a result of lessons learnt.
Understand the impact
- Is it achieving what it was set out to achieve?
- Have there been any unintended consequences?
- Is the outcome being delivered?
- Hold regular contract reviews to ensure issues are raised and promptly addressed.
- Plan ahead for the end of a contract.