What to avoid
- telling people how to feel for example that something is ‘quick’ or ‘easy’
- using images to replace content
- telling people how long it should take such as ‘This form will take 10 minutes to fill in’, this is because it is something which is subjective. It may take you 5 minutes or someone else 15 minutes.
- words to avoid, where possible use the GOV.UK words to avoid list.
- do not use FAQs, the content should answer all questions the customer has. The questions put are usually not what a customer will ask.